Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The New and the Old

Here is a poem I wrote. I'm putting the original down then the revised addition. Please tell me which one you like the best.

Lost Treasures
Upon the forsaken sods of lands so far away,
Where once man walked but now has been forgotten,
The trees thirst for water, rivers dry up and are no more,
Theres old barns with roofs acaving in,
Abandon towns with gloomy pasts,
but one day man might walk again on this forsaken sod,
once again to reclaim his greatest treasure of them all.


Revised Lost Treasures
Upon the forsaken sods of lands so far away,
Where once man walked but now has been forgotten.
The riverbeds are dry where once the water splashed,
old barns where once the animals slept,
have long since been forgotten,
Abandon towns with gloomy pasts,
but one day man might walk again on this forsaken sod,
Once again to reclaim one of his lost treasures.
-Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. i really love both of them...but there is something about the 2nd i like abit better <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second one to, I decided it was about time I posted a post on this blog. I've been spending to much time figuring out my MP3 player and forsaking the blogs.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Your Comments